Our Governing BodyGovernors work closely with headteachers, school staff and trust board.
We have a very active and supportive governing body who are closely involved in all aspects of school life.
Governor Committee Structure
Recent Governor Resignations
- Matthew Atkinson – Headteacher – 31/12/17
- Lisa Addison – Parent – 22/11/17
- Jemma Cook – Parent – 24/4/18
- Helen Middlemas – Parent 31/12/17
- Alison Pearce – Staff 31/8/18
- Beryl Dockerty – LA – 31/12/17
- Andy Lewis-Woodhead – Co-opted – 20/7/18
- John Burton – LA – 04/03/19
- Les Oliver – Co-opted – 26/03/19
- Kaye Marshall – Co-opted – 31/03/19
- Vicky Parnaby – Parent – 06/01/2020
- Linsey Ellis - 16/01/2020
- Valeria Dowson -
- Louise Dollings - Headteacher - 31/08/2020
- Emma Lowes - Chair - 11/09/2020
- Gillian Danby - 16/10/2020
Schools are required to display a record of Governor attendance at meetings for each school academic year.
✓ – Attended meeting
A/A – Apologies sent and accepted by meeting
N – Did not attend
n/a – Not a member of the committee
Record of Attendance 2020-2021
Chair: Mrs Charli Atkinson
Terms of Reference/Areas of Responsibility
- All Teaching Staff appointments
- Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher appointments will be subject to consideration by the full Governing Body and if the appointment is delegated to a panel will need to be endorsed by the full Governing Body
- Non-teaching staff appointments (temporary appointments to be made by the Headteacher and reported to Governors)
- When teaching and non-teaching appointments are made by this committee, shortlisting for those appointments will also be by this committee
- Review temporary contracts on an annual basis
- To ensure that a Performance Management Policy is in place
- Consider staff Leave of Absence (only if necessary after delegation to Headteacher).
Delegation to Headteacher
- Appointment of Temporary non-teaching staff
- Appointment of Supply cover
- All other posts with the involvement of one of more Governor(s)
In matters of Discipline and/or Capability, Redundancy and Ill health.
- First Committee
Virement & Expenditure Limits
|Virement Limits||Expenditure Limits|
|Limit set for Headteacher without prior written approval of Chair or Governing Body||5,000||Any items of expenditure up to||5,000|
|Limit set for Headteacher with approval from Chair of Governors||Between
|Above this limit if item was previously notified to the Governing Body/Finance, Premises & Grounds Committee Prior Finance Committee or
Chair of Governors approval (whichever is the soonest) to be sought outside of this limit and reported at the earliest opportunity.
|Prior Finance Committee or Chair of Governors approval (whichever is the soonest) to be sought outside of this limit and reported at the earliest opportunity.|
NB Any goods/services purchased and works to be carried out are subject to Durham County Council Contract Procedure Rules (January 2014) for quotations
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.