Our Governing BodyGovernors work closely with headteachers, school staff and trust board.
We have a very active and supportive governing body who are closely involved in all aspects of school life.
Governor Committee Structure
Recent Governor Resignations
- Lindsey Ellis - 16/01/2020
- Emma Lowes - Chair - 11/09/2020
- Gillian Danby - 16/10/2020
- Kirsty Connolly - 18/05/2021
- Julie Thomas - 16/11/2021
- Charli Atkinson - 24/01/2022
- Dawn Taylor - 27/09/2022
Chair: Miss Sarah Granger
Terms of Reference/Areas of Responsibility
- All Teaching Staff appointments
- Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher appointments will be subject to consideration by the full Governing Body and if the appointment is delegated to a panel will need to be endorsed by the full Governing Body
- Non-teaching staff appointments (temporary appointments to be made by the Headteacher and reported to Governors)
- When teaching and non-teaching appointments are made by this committee, shortlisting for those appointments will also be by this committee
- Review temporary contracts on an annual basis
- To ensure that a Performance Management Policy is in place
- Consider staff Leave of Absence (only if necessary after delegation to Headteacher).
Delegation to Headteacher
- Appointment of Temporary non-teaching staff
- Appointment of Supply cover
- All other posts with the involvement of one of more Governor(s)
In matters of Discipline and/or Capability, Redundancy and Ill health.
- First Committee
Virement & Expenditure Limits
|Limit set for Headteacher without prior written approval of Chair or Governing Body
|Any items of expenditure up to
|Limit set for Headteacher with approval from Chair of Governors
|Above this limit if item was previously notified to the Governing Body/Finance, Premises & Grounds Committee Prior Finance Committee or
Chair of Governors approval (whichever is the soonest) to be sought outside of this limit and reported at the earliest opportunity.
|Prior Finance Committee or Chair of Governors approval (whichever is the soonest) to be sought outside of this limit and reported at the earliest opportunity.
NB Any goods/services purchased and works to be carried out are subject to Durham County Council Contract Procedure Rules (January 2014) for quotations
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.